Friday, January 25, 2008

A New Found Hobby


Reader discretion is advised: Some parts are exaggerated for example the COLD.


YES ladies and Gentleman I would like to announce my new hobby (AHEM drum roll please...) PEOPLE WATCHING!!!!I wake up, take the same route to work everyday except for today with the help of the handy dandy GPS ( which i found is making me dumber and more dependent on it SHESH!) anyway back to my new found hobby, as I am driving down the 417 ( a HWY in OTTAWA) I am stuck in traffic ...I notice a guy shaving with an electric shaver, another trying to read a newspaper....oh and of course the all time favourite pass time for some....PICKing of the NOSE...LIKE HONESTLY DO YOU NOT THINK THAT ANYONE IS WATCHING!!!!!!!


I arrive at "destination on the right". Same destination I arrive everyday...As I am so busy at work I watch people come and go...some familiar faces and some new. This is what I have observed in the past week. Every half hour to an hour a man emerges from the elevator, AGE: around mid 50's, with a cigar in his mouth ready to puff....in approx. 5 min. he is ready to enter the building...after being done with his cigar in - billion temperature outside he decides it's time to get back to work. 9.30 a male and female walk out the elevator and walk outside in the tundra for a smoke...9.40 they walk back into their humble abode. Meanwhile, I glance at my reflection in the mirror and chuckle ( AM I LOOSING IT?) Actually this is quite fun....MAN imagine if i got paid for doing this as a career. Perhaps I should have been an ethnographer observing human behaviour eh?


10.00 a.m...the same couple makes out in front of the building EVERYDAY...I have no patience with ppl displaying PDAS sometimes...btw PDA=Public Display of Affection. 10.20 a.m YUP i am still staring outside the window...the usual display of ppl going in and out for a smoke. BTW a little hint for ppl that smoke, and then decide to walk in for an interview...use a breath mint and spray on some cologne or perfume...because seriously I don't hire ppl that smell like nicotine.I think I failed to mention the tiny clerk boy who brings coffee at 9.00 a.m did I? Hmm okay around 9.00 a boy who looks like should be in high school delivers coffee..lol... he somehow manages to juggle 12 coffee cups from TIM HORTON's in his puny hands...poor kid i find it kind of amusing of how he attempts to open the door... I try to help him out whenever I get the chance...for which I now get free Green Tea...since I am now caffeine free...(ahem).


RIGHT, back to my new meaning in life from 9-5...hmmmm on a side note I would like to mention that Ottawa, CAnada is COLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!!!!!! HOnestly, I wear 2 pairs of socks, mittens, double layers of clothing ( GOD BLESS LONG JOHNS) a hat that covers my ears, a super warm trench, and a scarf ..and i still manage to freeze! Can any Canadian tell me what their secret is?ANYWAY, I see ppl jogging around 4.00p.m ( Kudos for them) I have no idea how they manage. At 2.00 p.m a guy comes around with a stroller in front of the building to meet his wife...(so sweet..ahh the joys of motherhood..PROPS to her being a mommy and a working mother).----RIGHT...back to work...more to report later....(on my Blog)P.S of course this is the world through my eyes....

No comments: